Tom has successfully litigated both jury and bench trials In Superior, District, and Magistrate Courts in North Carolina. Primary areas include family law, general civil litigation Including business disputes and personal injury, real property disputes, criminal defense Including traffic tickets, and wills and estates.
Tom attained his juris doctor law degree from the University of Florida in 1997. He has a BSBA with a Decision Science (Quantitative Methods) concentration from East Carolina University, and a Master of Business Administration from the College of William and Mary.
Tom has lived In North Carolina for about 22 years, but has also resided in Wisconsin where he grew up, Virginia, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Alabama, Michigan, and California.
Tom is the proud Dad of two sons who are both currently attending college. In his spare time, Tom enjoys sports, live music, staying physically fit, reading, and travel.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Family Law
- 20% General Civil Litigation including business disputes and personal injury
- 5% Real Property Disputes
- 10% Criminal Law/Speeding tickets
- 10% Wills/Probate and Estate Administration
- 5% Business/Contract transactional
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2012
Elon University, Department of Sport and Event Management, "Law for Sport and Event Managers", (Spring 2009 - Fall 2016), Adjunct Assistant Professor